ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Configuring IBM 3584 library

2010-12-14 19:13:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Configuring IBM 3584 library
From: Martha McConaghy <URMMNET AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:09:48 EST
I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and help with my VTL question.
I've been able to get it defined and, after a bit of wrestling with TSM,
have been able to get a test backup stg running to it.

This is part of a pilot project between NYSERNET (NY State Education/Research
Network) and their customers.   They buy and install the VTL at their site
in Syracuse and then we use it as a remote disaster data repository.  Since
Marist uses TSM for backup, I figured it was a good place for a 2nd
copypool location.  Some of the other customers are doing other things.

My TSM skills really have gotten rusty...%-)  I had let it go to someone
else, but reacquired it after that person left Marist during the
summer....sigh....  Just goes to show that if you stay in one place too long,
everything is bound to come back to you eventually.

Thanks again for the help!

Martha