ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Linux ext4 filesystems - is anyone using them for devt=file storage?

2010-10-29 13:14:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Linux ext4 filesystems - is anyone using them for devt=file storage?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:13:30 -0400
AHA......now I understand.........and assume IBM is working towards
resolving this "issue"!

From:
Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date:
10/29/2010 01:01 PM
Re: [ADSM-L] Linux ext4 filesystems - is anyone using them for devt=file
storage?
Sent by:

Hi,

On 29 okt 2010, at 18:02, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

> client backups yet).
>
> Huh?  What do you mean by "client backups"?

no, as a filesystem supported and recognized by dsmc. To fully support all
features of the filesystem, like extended attributes, the client must know
how to access those. Also, the client must be able to recognize sparse
files and backup and restore those correctly.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl