ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: Linux ext4 filesystems - is anyone using them for devt=file storage?

2010-10-29 04:04:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: Linux ext4 filesystems - is anyone using them for devt=file storage?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:49:04 +0000
Hi Colwell,
I'm using EXT4 on 2 TSM Servers. One of them do I have full controll of and it
works fine.
The other Linux system to I only see twice a year. But the customer normally
drop me emails if he got something wrong.

But the same problem with EXT4 as with EXT3 is that you need to pre allocate
all volumes before and not let TSM create them on-demand.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms