ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup strategy for SQL server.

2010-10-26 13:51:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup strategy for SQL server.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:50:09 -0400
Rajesh,

A DIFFERENTIAL backup is a separate versioned object on the TSM Server.
It is only logically tied to the FULL database backup.
When the DIFFERENTIAL backup is inactivated after
a FULL backup, it falls into the "Versions Data Deleted" category.
That means, the VERDELETED and RETONLY management class
settings are in effect. That is why you need to set the
VERDELETED setting to nolimit as well.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 10/26/2010
01:35:11 PM: