ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Installing interim fixes

2010-10-26 12:29:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Installing interim fixes
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:28:20 +0000
Client fixes are always complete replacements.

On Windows, it's a good idea to stop the services before you do the upgrade,
that will prevent you getting the msg that you need to reboot after the upgrade.
Then just run setup.exe for the new client, it's a "flop on top" install, easy
peasy.

TSM retains your config files, and you don't have to reconfigure the services.
Just restart the services after you do the upgrade.

However:
It's not recommended to install the "interim" fixes (the fixes with a non-zero
4th digit), unless you need them for a specific problem.
Those are patches that don't get the full QA testing.

Stick to the "maintenance" releases (zero 4th digit).
For your customer, you would go from 5.5.1.0 to 5.5.4.0.