ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.x / DB2 Best Practive Layout

2010-10-22 16:04:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.x / DB2 Best Practive Layout
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:02:48 -0500
We are looking for some best practices for the DB2 layout for TSM.
We've asked IBM Premium Support and their answer was RTF DB2 Manual.
That's fine and we were also told no you don't need to be a DB2 DBA...
Ok I'm past that now and am looking for advise as to a good DB2 layout..
Other than the basics (logs / data files diff FS) we'd like to know PP
size, raw vs. cooked, jfs2? We plan on running up to 4 TSM instances on
a p550 power / power 7 hosts.

Or would the IBM Redbook below suffice...

http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/dw/dm/db2/bestpractic
es/DB2BP_Storage_1009I.pdf

Have a good day!
Charles