ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Lousy performance on new 6.2.1.1 server with SAN/FILEDEVCLASS storage

2010-10-19 15:42:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Lousy performance on new 6.2.1.1 server with SAN/FILEDEVCLASS storage
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:41:07 -0400
Neil,

Thanks for the info.  I have passed this on to my SAN guys since I know
nothing about this aspect of the configuration nor if we can make these
tweaks.

I am still wondering if I should go back to the traditional fixed size,
pre-formatted volumes.  Everyone says filedevclass is supposed to be
faster and better so I thought I would give it a try.
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services