ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 DB restore not working

2010-10-14 13:31:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 DB restore not working
From: Al-Bizri <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:42:53 -0400
Mark Al-Bizri mark AT mbteck.co DOT uk
Hello

I have done this twice once upgrading and Moving TSM server 5.3 to 5.5, and
6.2, the way I have done this is on the new server build the server at the same
level and the same configuration as your original server, restore TSM DB after
amending desconfig to reflect new environment i.e. drives devices not WWN, you
can get this from TSM management console, Start / All Programmes / Tivoli.... /
Management Console, drill down to devices and get Windows assigned device name,

Now YOU MUST install TSM / IBM device drivers not hardware device driver other
wise it may not work, use Windows device manager to update the drivers for your
Library and drives, by forcing windows to use IBM drivers, in addition insure
that your Device Type definition match the drive i.e. DLT, LTO etc..

Let me know how you get on
Mark