ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP

2010-10-07 14:02:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 14:01:50 -0400
 On 10/7/2010 8:52 AM, Richard Sims wrote:
-Virtualnodename should be used on the command line, as it is a provisional
execution option, not something that should endure in the options file.
Richard Thanks again for your assistance!  The restore completed
successfully.

The manual confused me with the information below. It say's place the
option in the dsm.opt file

       Options File

Place this option in the client user options file (dsm.opt).

       Syntax

-VIRTUALNodename-/nodename/-----------------------------------><

Actually even the command line syntax did not work. However then I tried
this

I changed the name in the dsm.opt file back to the OLD name ( bolton01)
before it was rebuilt.

Then did a dsmc so it would except it as that name and then I did the
restore. Although I realize i have to get use to using the
-Virtualnodename procedure working at some point because that will be
needed at some point.  I think I  just got lucky this time because  the
data was just being restored to the Same Server that the data was backed
up on but under a different directory location.

>>> bolton01> restore  "/opt/iplanet/iws61"   "/data/opt/iplanet/ws61"

I have since changed the nodename in the dsm.sys back to >>>bolton0s10
and did a dsmc

Best Regards!