ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple DOMAIN statements

2010-09-02 15:59:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple DOMAIN statements
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:57:52 -0400
> But my original question remains; is there a limit to the number of
> domains that can be specified?

TSM itself imposes no fixed limit on the number of DOMAIN statements or
DOMAIN entries. System resources such as memory (if you try to add millions
of domain statements, you'll probably run out of memory at some point...)
and other factors (like is your backup window large enough to back up
30,000 file systems, especially over CIFS, in a given night's backup
window?) will dictate the limits.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-09-02
13:48:23: