ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple DOMAIN statements

2010-09-02 14:34:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple DOMAIN statements
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:33:28 -0400
Reviewing the guide it makes no mention of a limit.

But interestingly states:
"Domain objects are backed up only if you invoke the incremental command
without a file specification.

TSM uses the domain value in the following situations to
determine which drives to process during an incremental backup:
        *When you run an incremental backup using the incremental
command and you
        do not specify which drives to process
        *When your Tivoli Storage Manager administrator defines a
schedule to run an
        incremental backup for you, but does not specify which drives to
process
        *When you select the Backup Domain action from the Tivoli
Storage Manager
        backup-archive client GUI"

~Rick