ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 and compatible AIX versions

2010-08-30 12:47:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 and compatible AIX versions
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:45:09 -0500
Not sure what release we were at, but we had issues with APAR
IZ74508.  Basically the IOCP subsystem was not functional, and about
every week the TSM server would hang, and processes could not be
killed.  Even the TSM server could not be shut down.  We had to kill
the processes.

We had difficulty determining where this was actually fixed, and not
just an efix.  We installed the latest fixes as of 2 weeks ago, and
the problem has gone away.

Since then the TSM server has been "stable".

Gary Bowers
Itrus Technologies