ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up Exchange 2007 with TSM

2010-08-19 15:43:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up Exchange 2007 with TSM
From: ADSM-L <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:42:26 +0100
You could take a look at what IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack provides for
you - it integrates very well with Exchange:

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/storage-mgr-fastback-exchange/

I've been using FastBack with a customer, alongside the core TSM product, and I
do like it a lot. Its incremental forever block level volume backup is very
smart indeed and could cut down on your backup load. I haven't used it with
Exchange yet, just for filesystem and MS SQL Server. It also provides the
ability to plug in to your core TSM infrastructure to meet any further
regulatory/longer term retention requirements.

Worth a look to see if it's an option - it won't fit into everyone's
environment.

Hope that helps,
David McClelland
London, UK