ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Spurious ANR2035E messages

2010-08-17 12:31:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Spurious ANR2035E messages
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:29:56 -0400
-----Andy Huebner wrote: -----

>Are they specifying a node and a domain?  The default is all nodes
>and all domains.
>As an example:
>define clientaction action=incremental
>This will run a backup on every node in every domain.
>I suspect that "define clientaction MyServer action=incremental" will
>run a backup for MyServer in every domain.

They are explicitly specifying a node name with no wild card
characters. This means that they are implicitly specifying a
domain, since TSM will not allow the same node name to exist
in more than one domain. I have already sent the administrators
e-mail suggesting that they try using the domain option.
However, there is no reason they should need this option.
The TSM server should be capable of figuring out that it is
not being asked to run backups of any nodes in domains not
covered by the administrators' restricted policy privilege.