ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SHOW MEM question

2010-08-12 11:04:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] SHOW MEM question
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:01:51 -0400
Greetings all,

I'm trying to determine exactly how much memory each instance is using.
I'm assuming it is the value for "Total Memory Allocated"  (If someone
knows a better way, please let me know)

On one instance, I have a negative value for "Total space in arena" and
"Space in ordinary blocks in use".    I've never seen that before and am
wondering what it means and if it's a bad thing.  This is also my largest,
busiest instance.

Since this is an undocumented command, I can't really find a reference on
what this stuff means!

TSM 5.5.4.2 on AIX 6.1

tsm: TSM11>show mem
Server Memory Usage Information:

  Server-tracked memory statistics:
  Total memory allocated              1690580913 bytes
  Base MemUtil (amount requested)     1150957361 bytes
  Actual mem allocated                1201581408 bytes
  Number of blocks allocated              381499
  Largest block allocated                8192000 bytes

  Page Buffer memory allocated         540672000 bytes
  Page Buffers allocated                  132000 pages
  Page Buffers in use                     131333 pages
  Max Page Buffers in use                 131345 pages

  Total memory and Number of blocks allocated includes Page Buffer memory

  System-tracked memory statistics:
  Total space in arena               -1868611488 bytes
  Number of ordinary blocks               282810
  Number of small blocks                       0
  Space in holding block headers               0 bytes
  Number of holding blocks                     0
  Space in small blocks in use                 0 bytes
  Space in free small blocks                   0 bytes
  Space in ordinary blocks in use    -2133333744 bytes
  Space in free ordinary blocks        260197312 bytes
  Space penalty for keep option                0 bytes

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.