ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 upgrade

2010-07-29 14:18:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 upgrade
From: Carol Trible <trible AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:16:02 -0700
Hi Sam,
   The upgrade wizard dsmupdx is only for a version 5 to version 6 upgrade,
to help convert the database to DB2.  There are also manual steps that can
be used in place of the wizard in the documentation.
   The configuration wizard dsmicfgx is to help create a new instance of
the server  for a release 6 server.  Again there are also manual steps that
can be used in place of the wizard.

  Neither wizard is required when applying service to an existing  version
6 server or upgrading an existing version 6 server to a new version 6
release, so 6.1.3.4 to 6.2.0 doesn't need either wizard.

Carol Trible
 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Development

How about from 6.1.3.4 to 6.2?

Sam Sheppard