ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] PA-RISC system shelf life

2010-07-27 21:47:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] PA-RISC system shelf life
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 01:45:24 +0000
To amplify what Wanda has already said about archiving products, I've been
researching one from FileTek that has a ton of functionality.  One bit relevant
to this discussion is the ability to actually do archiving directly from
Oracle.  I don't know all the details, but this could start a pursuit for you.

One other thing about long term database archival is to export the required
data periodically to flat CSV (or CSV like) files and save those away.  Worst
case one can open these in a program like Excel and find the information.
Brute force, very close to microfiche but possibly effective.

Kelly Lipp
Chief Technology Officer
www.storserver.com
719-266-8777 x7105
STORServer solves your data backup challenges.
Once and for all.