Re: [ADSM-L] backup files larger than tape cartridge size
On Jul 24, 2010, at 10:51 AM, Mehdi Salehi wrote:
- TSM is migrating a big file in a volume with not enough free space
- TSM starts transferring the first "segment" to this volume
- TSM goes to another volume for the second "segment"
- "q vol" does not show that above volumes contain the segments
- when the last segment is completely written: "q vol" and "q stg"
changes. Actually TSM treats whole task as a unit or work which is
The nature of transaction-based processing.