ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Single Mailbox Recovery (SMBR) and TSM

2010-07-22 15:09:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] Single Mailbox Recovery (SMBR) and TSM
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <sStackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:03:33 +0000
I'm trying to track down an issue w/ the IBM/Ontrack/Netapp tool SMBR. It
includes an extraction wizard that purports to extract backups from TSM, store
them on a NAS, then allow restore of mailboxes, individual mail items, blah
blah. My question is: does this require the TSM client to be on the workstation
that has SMBR installed, or is it sufficient have the clients on the Exchange
servers themselves. It seems to me that the second would be enough, but the
book seems to imply the client must be installed on the SMBR workstation. Any
help appreciated, I know it's a bit off-topic.

Steve

Stephen J. Stackwick  |  Senior Consultant  |  410.539.1135  |  sstackwick AT
icfi DOT com  |  www.jasi.com<http://www.jasi.com>
ICF Jacob & Sundstrom  |  401 E. Pratt St, Suite 2214, Baltimore, MD 21202  |
301.518.6352 (m)