ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Novell backup help

2010-07-17 18:36:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Novell backup help
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:35:04 -0400
I can feel some of your pain.  I too have a Netware server that takes
forever to backup (30+ hours) eventhough it only backups up a few GB each
cycle but has to process 1.5M files.

I wonder about the size of your logs.  You have it set to prune at 7-days
and QUIET so why is it so big?  Are you sure any changes to dsm.opt have
been picked up/dsmcad restarted?

If I understand correctly, if there is no active backup running, you
should be able to just delete/rename the dsmsched.log file and the next
backup pass will create a new one.

Noticed you have RESOURCEUTILZATION at 8.  Are you actually running
multiple sessions?  Also I would think MEMORYEFFICIENT would contradict
RESOUREUTILZATION since specifying the latter uses more memory?
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services