ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Export server error

2010-07-16 20:23:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Export server error
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:21:32 -0400
When posting, please include a summary of diagnostic measures you've
already taken, so that we can productively suggest others.  (Too
often, assistance attempts are met with, "Yeah, I already tried that.")

I'd start by going to the target server system and doing 'lsof -
i :<LLaddressValue>' to see if the port you think is being served,
actually is - and by what.  If it looks okay, try 'telnet localhost
<LLaddressValue>' and see if that works.  Then try the same telnet
command from other systems in your area.  If they can't connect, it is
likely a firewall issue.

An unlikely, but possible cause would be the server COMMMethod not
allowing TCP/IP.

Lastly, note that you are running two TSM servers with no maintenance,
which represents some jeopardy as well as increasing the likelihood of
problems.

    Richard Sims