ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 - virtual volume deletion leaves archive objects on target server

2010-07-14 14:46:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 - virtual volume deletion leaves archive objects on target server
From: "J. Pohlmann" <jpohlmann AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:44:24 -0700
Hi Dave. The two situations where I am experiencing this are non-dedupe
environments. Both installations have a copypool using devclass=vv (devclass
vv is a server device type device class). In both situations there is a
vvpool -> vvtape storage pool hierarchy on the target server such that
prepare devc=vv_small pops the RPF archive object onto a device class disk
storage pool and the large device class vv archive objects can be directed
either to disk or the next storage pool based on maxsize for the vvpool. In
one installation the next storage pool is device class LTO, and in the other
installation it's device class SATA which is a device type FILE device
class. Both installations were v5 to v6 upgrades. In the tape-less
environment, I have set delgraceperiod to 0 because of disk space
constraints. Our problem in both environments is a superset of

which talks only about the database backups.

As to being able to stuff the archive objects into a dedupe pool, I assume
that this is now allowed, based on

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC64970

The question is, will the archive objects actually be deduped (assuming that
the target server has DEDUPREQUIRESBACKUP NO set in dsmserv.opt).

There is a PMR in the process of being submitted, once I have the PMR number
I will send it to your LN ID.

Joerg Pohlmann
250-686-3711