ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] upgrading 5.3.6 to 6.2 error

2010-07-01 14:16:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] upgrading 5.3.6 to 6.2 error
From: Carol Trible <trible AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:13:18 -0700
Hi Mario,
  I would only expect to see the dsmupgdx error if you had inadvertently
entered the same directory as the DB directory and for one of the logs.  If
you are seeing it when you are not re-using a directory name,   and for
your problem with loadformat, please contact IBM support, so we can work
with you to get the proper logs and traces to diagnose your problems.
  Carol

Carol Trible
 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Development
 trible AT us.ibm DOT com

Hi Carol,

That´s precisely the problem....there ARE 3 different file
systems....actually I
have even created 3 different mount points in different physical
disks..../tsmdb, /tsmlog and /tsmarchlog....the installation process always

stops at this point through the Java installer.

I also tried the command line approach...but when I issue the dsmserv
loadformat command to create the DB2 database that will receive the data
from
the TSM Database from the previous version, the process takes forever, does

nothing and gives me nothing...meaning, no error messages of any
sort....all
previous steps were executed successfully.

dsmserv loadformat dbdir=/tsmdb activelogsize=16384 activelogdir=/tsmlog
archlogdir=/tsmarchlog

I am using the TSM 6.2 Server Upgrade Guide, Scenario 2 - Same System,
Network
Method approach...

Any help is appreciated.

Mario