ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Error while installing TSM 6.2 on LInux

2010-07-01 11:40:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Error while installing TSM 6.2 on LInux
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:37:59 -0400
On Jul 1, 2010, at 11:10 AM, ashish sharma wrote:

> Hello Richard,
>
> The below is the o/p of df -h command and my Packages are located in /var
> directory
>
> [root@eulpoc tsm]# df -h
> /dev/sda2             7.6G  2.8G  4.5G  38% /
> /dev/sda7             1.9G  1.2G  657M  65% /opt
> /dev/sda6             4.8G  558M  4.0G  13% /tmp
> /dev/sda5             4.8G  138M  4.4G   4% /home
> /dev/sda3             6.7G  4.6G  1.8G  72% /var
> I have other dedicated location for diskpool, db,log etc.
>
> Do you suggest i chnage the location of my executables to some otehr place
> and run the command from there?

It's hard to say, in that some installers remove things in a failure, such that
when you look afterward, it appears that there is space.
(Just as a general thing, be cautious about proceeding with so much of /var
already used, given that Linux system logging in /var could itself consume
considerable space.)

Hate to say it, but you may have to contact TSM Support.  I think we all
expected that by release 2 of version 6, things would be a lot smoother with
this new version; but things don't seem to be getting better.

     Richard Sims