ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: Restoring and migrating backupsets

2010-07-01 00:32:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: Restoring and migrating backupsets
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 06:26:22 +0200
Hi Richard,
If you not can attach a tape drive or library that support that media. Then
should I do a restore of does backups sets and do a new backup to the new TSM
Server.
Or keep the old TSM Server and the a single tape drive so you can do a restore.

But I recommend to not use Backupsets for long term backups. Because of
Backupsets are not flexible and can not move data between different media.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms