ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] incremental backup of many millions of very small files

2010-06-24 09:52:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] incremental backup of many millions of very small files
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:19:48 -0400
Been there - done that - went through a complete restore that took days
(could not do NQR for some of it).

Why is journaling "not feasible"?

I have a Windows box with 97M total files (including offsite copy) that
uses journaling and backs up every day.  Granted, it takes 7-hours and
uses the minimum memory model (the box is still 2K3 32-bot with 4GB RAM)