ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Copypool question

2010-06-23 11:53:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Copypool question
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:51:11 -0400
- rename your current primary and copy pools to something else such as
"primarypool.old" and "copypool.old"
- create new primary and copy pools and begin your new full  backups to
that pool.  and only run "backup stg" on the new pool moving forward

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
06/23/2010 03:24 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] TSM Copypool question

We have recently installed TSM 5.5 on a new server and using a new IBM
TS3200 tape library.

It took some time to migrate the data over from the tapes used in the old
tape library to the new (migrating data from LTO2 & LTO3 tapes to LTO4
tapes) but that has finally finished.

While that was happening we were performing backups of client servers onto
the new library, but I was not copying the data from the primary tape
storage pool to the copypool to send offsite. I now wish to start this
process.

Is it possible to perform full backups of each client now to the primary
storage pool and have the backed up data flagged so that if I start
copying the data from the primary tape storage pool to the copypool via
the "backup stg" command it will only copy the data from the full backups
I do now onwards?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

Email: pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

Web: http://www.anl.com.au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to
the named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly
prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy,
use or make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to
any person.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.