ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Changing management class wihtout retransferring all data

2010-06-23 09:57:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Changing management class wihtout retransferring all data
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:56:11 -0500
If you change the management class (for example by adding an INCLUDE statement
to bind a file to a different management class), the next time you run a backup
you will see "files rebound nnnnn" in the statistics.  TSM will just change the
management class for the files it finds (files that still exist on the hard
drive).  It will not resend the data.

There is not a way to change the management class for inactive files that no
longer exist on the hard drive.