ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Copypool question

2010-06-23 03:25:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Copypool question
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:24:49 +1000
We have recently installed TSM 5.5 on a new server and using a new IBM TS3200
tape library.

It took some time to migrate the data over from the tapes used in the old tape
library to the new (migrating data from LTO2 & LTO3 tapes to LTO4 tapes) but
that has finally finished.

While that was happening we were performing backups of client servers onto the
new library, but I was not copying the data from the primary tape storage pool
to the copypool to send offsite. I now wish to start this process.

Is it possible to perform full backups of each client now to the primary
storage pool and have the backed up data flagged so that if I start copying the
data from the primary tape storage pool to the copypool via the "backup stg"
command it will only copy the data from the full backups I do now onwards?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

Email: pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

Web: http://www.anl.com.au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.