ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] newbie question

2010-06-22 11:02:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] newbie question
From: Dana Holland <dana.holland AT NAVARROCOLLEGE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:00:49 -0500
Yes, that's the page I've been looking at.

However, bootinfo -K returns 64.  And prtconf returns the following - so
I think I'm okay after all.  Not sure why I thought this was a 32-bit
machine (except that I have 4 other AIX machines, and 25 RedHat Linux
machines and have been doing system upgrades on all of them at the same
time).

But that brings me to another question - I was looking at the client
requirements.  For RedHat Linux, it looks like TSM 6 is going to
required RedHat 5.  I have several production servers at RHEL 4/4.5 -
the software application isn't certified for RHEL 5.  Is that going to work?

root@tivoli /#prtconf
System Model: IBM,7038-6M2
Machine Serial Number: 10B9D3C
Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER4