ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 tips

2010-06-19 20:15:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 tips
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:14:06 +1200
Hi Robert

I don't know if this is  relevant under 2010 but under exchange 2007 VSS
backups to TSM automatically ran a consistency check using a program
with 'ese' in the name as the shapshot to TSM portion of the process
ran, and this check was single-threaded.

Perhaps there is something similar happening under 2010.  Sorry its so
fuzzy but my memories of this are a year old now.

Regards

Steven Harris
TSM Admin
Paraparaumu, New Zealand

Robert Ouzen wrote:
Hi to all

Did anyone as tips to improve performance with  TDP for exchange 2010,  my
backup is lanfree my old fashion EXCHSRV01_DB took  03:28 for 413 GB , the
Exchange 2010 with VSS feature EXCHSRVB_DB took 02:01 for 184 GB.

The backup is thru DE duplication Data Domain on VTL.

Nodename

Activity

Data amount

Elapse time

Affected

Failed

Media wait

EXCHSRV01_DB                               Old Fashion

BACKUP

413.1 GB

0 03:28:30

54

0

110

EXCHSRVB_DB (EXCHSRVB)       New Fashion

BACKUP

184.7 GB

0 02:01:04

138