ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DP for DB's: SQL Restore question

2010-06-16 14:39:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] DP for DB's: SQL Restore question
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:38:51 -0400
I have been asked many times to restore databases from TSM to flat
files, and not attach them to the SQL Server. I have tried to use the
"Restore Groups/Files option" but when I open the SQL Mngmt Studio, it
shows the database with a status of "restoring". Have also tried not
using the recovery option, but the DBA's claim that this does not simply
dump the files from TSM. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this or
point me towards the doco? I have been all through the DP for DB's user
guide and have not found anywhere where it explicitly states this is
possible. What am I doing wrong?

All comments appreciated.

DP 4 DB's              5.5.4.0

TSM Server         5.4.5.2