ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Novell Cluster Help

2010-06-08 08:54:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Novell Cluster Help
From: louw pretorius <louw AT SUN.AC DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 14:53:07 +0200
Hi Timothy,

Right or wrong this works for us:

1. Create a TSM Node for every Cluster volume
2. Define a different webport for each ie. 1582, 1583 etc
3. We copied the dsmcad.nlm file to dsmcad1.nlm and dsmcad2.nlm so we
could run unique instances of the client that can get unloaded when the
cluster resource moves to another server.  Do this on the SYS volume so
upgrading the client doesn't become a nightmare
4. We stored the dsm.opt file on each volume with unique name
ie.Clustervolume.opt
5. Define domain to the cluster's volume name
6. our startup looked like this: "load dsmcad1.nlm
-optfile=<clustervolume>:\tivoli\<clustervolumename>.opt
7. Clustervolume.opt looked something like this:

  COMMMETHOD                   TCPIP
  TCPSERVERADDRESS         IP-address-of-tsm-server
  TCPPORT                               1500

  NODENAME              ClusterVolumeTSMNodeName
  DOMAIN                    Clustervolume:
  CLUSTERNODE         YES
  ERRORLOGNAME <clustervolume>:/Tivoli/dsmerror.log
  SCHEDLOGNAME <clustervolume>:/Tivoli/schedlog.log
  PASSWORDDIR <clustervolume>:/Tivoli/
  SCHEDMODE               POLLING
  HTTPPORT                   1582

  NWEXITNLMP                    NO
  PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
  ERRORLOGRETENTION 7
  SCHEDLOGRETENTION 7
  MANAGEDSERVICES WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE

8. Make sure you have the newest possible TSA installed on the server
9. Use the Netware-Cluster-object startup and stop scripts to load and
unload the dsmcad as in 6. above
10. Use http://ClusterIPaddress:1582/BACLIENT for restores

Good luck
Louw Pretorius