ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] why create a 12TB LUN

2010-05-28 12:43:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] why create a 12TB LUN
From: "John D. Schneider" <john.schneider AT COMPUTERCOACHINGCOMMUNITY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:42:48 -0700
I built a kit version of the Kaypro 2 in 1983, and remember Intel
assembly language, Wordstar, and so on.  It came as a bare, unpopulated
circuit board; I had to solder all the sockets for the chips and
descrete components by hand.  Soldered all my own floppy cables and
interfaces, too. Good days; when you really had to know the architecture
of the system to get along.

That was actually my second homegrown.  The first was called a Quest
Super-Elf, and it had a 8-bit RCA 1802 processor, and 4K of memory. I
built it in 1981.  It had only a hex keypad on the front.  I wrote the
programs in assembler, hand-assembled them into binary, transposed to
hex, and entered them in on the hex keypad.  I saved programs to
cassette tapes.  Good training I suppose, but it sure required patience.

I still have the two mother-boards for those computers, framed and
hanging in my office.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
The Computer Coaching Community, LLC
Office: (314) 635-5424 / Toll Free: (866) 796-9226
Cell: (314) 750-8721