ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 formatting issue

2010-05-25 23:05:23
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 formatting issue
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 23:04:00 -0400
Hi all

Thanks for the feedback about the T950 library, it was very useful.

This is about a TSM 6.2 formatting issue that I've found
Where I'm running a select on a column greater than 18 characters, I have
often used the as clause to widen the column so I can see the data.

E.G.  TSM 6.2 client and TSM 5.5 server

tsm: WGTN>select volume_name from volumes where devclass_name='DISK'

VOLUME_NAME
------------------
/diskpool1/filedi-
 sk1_100.dsm
/diskpool1/filedi-
 sk1_50.dsm
/diskpool1/filedi-
 sk1_9.dsm
/diskpool1/filedi-
 sk2_20.dsm
/diskpool1/filedi-
 sk2_50.dsm

tsm: WGTN>select volume_name as "x                                       "
from volumes where devclass_name='DISK'

/diskpool1/filedisk1_100.dsm
/diskpool1/filedisk1_50.dsm
/diskpool1/filedisk1_9.dsm
/diskpool1/filedisk2_20.dsm
/diskpool1/filedisk2_50.dsm

Now on a 6.2 client and 6.2 server

tsm: KDCUNITSM01>select volume_name from volumes where devclass_name='DISK'

VOLUME_NAME: /tsm/inst1/storage/diskpool/esmnet/v01.dsm

VOLUME_NAME: /tsm/inst1/storage/diskpool/esmnet/v02.dsm

VOLUME_NAME: /tsm/inst1/storage/diskpool/esmnet/v03.dsm

tsm: KDCUNITSM01>select volume_name as "x                             "
from volumes where devclass_name='DISK'

x                             : /tsm/inst1/storage/diskpool/esmnet/v01.dsm

x                             : /tsm/inst1/storage/diskpool/esmnet/v02.dsm

x                             : /tsm/inst1/storage/diskpool/esmnet/v03.dsm

This behaviour is going to break some of my shell scripts.   Has anyone
found a trick to get the old behaviour back?

Regards

Steve

TSM Admin
Paraparaumu, New Zealand