ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Mixed media in 3494

2010-05-20 02:15:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Mixed media in 3494
From: Bruno Friess <bfriess AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:13:27 +0200
Hello SAM,

as far as I remember, the 3494 has the feature to assign different
"categories" for each media during the checkin process. As example, the 3590
media use a scratch category of 301 (private 300), the 3592-JA a scratch
category of 401 (private 400, WORM 402) and 3592-JB a scratch category of
501. That is how the library differentiate between the media. This is a kind
of partitioning and you can assign to each category a TSM logical library.

Very helpful are the IBM tools mtlib and tapeutil for changing the category.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Bruno.