ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] T950 Library experiences

2010-05-19 12:11:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] T950 Library experiences
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:09:00 +0000
I have about 10 years of experience with Spectra libraries and we are a
reseller of them so take my comments with the appropriate grains.

They are highly engineered libraries with tons of features.  In general they
are very reliable and Spectra support is quite good.  I think Nick's comments
reflect that as well.

We have a couple of T950s in the field and they have been good to us and our
customers.  I have seen their brand new library (in fact I'm going to training
tomorrow) and it is very nice.  I think that's the T-Finity line.  Very similar
to the T950 but updated technology.

These guys are very committed to tape.

Steve, if you need more we can take this offline. I'm actually pretty objective
when it comes to these guys.  Over Sun?  Take the Spectra every time.

Kelly Lipp
Chief Technology Officer
www.storserver.com
719-266-8777 x7105
STORServer solves your data backup challenges.
Once and for all.