ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Win2000 tsm client

2010-05-18 13:22:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Win2000 tsm client
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:20:37 -0400
I should also mention that it is not easy to back down to 5.3.6.x. To do
that, you would have to uninstall the 5.4 client first, then install
5.3.6.x. In addition, you will not be able to restore files backed up with
the 5.4 client; you will get an error message saying that the object has an
unknown format, or something like that. The simplest way around this is to
rename the existing file spaces to something different, then start with
fresh backups. You can keep the old file spaces around as long as you might
need to restore something from them, after which they can be deleted.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-05-18
13:14:49: