ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Securing TSM Client

2010-05-11 20:10:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Securing TSM Client
From: Leandro Mazur <leandromazur AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 21:09:38 -0300
Thanks for the answers !

About the sugestions:

- I can't lock the nodes during the day, because several backups run every
2, 4 and 6 hours;
- Lock the admin is a good sugetsion, although not possible...
- The admins have the administrator/root password, so they can do
anything...
- Is not the occasional backups that worries me...instead of using the tsm
client schedule, we just find out that they are using crontab/task scheduler
to do backups (a lot of them !). Our ticket response time is 1 hour at
most....For 99% of the cases we have, it is more than acceptable;
- We are having a considerable growth of our data, which causes the impact
that I mentioned, but it is managable as long we don't have surprises like
that....

It seems that the only thing I can do is convince the admins to not
do...anyway, thanks for the help !

--
Leandro Mazur