ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone using DPA?

2010-05-10 17:04:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone using DPA?
From: Sami Ahomaa <sami.ahomaa AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 00:03:32 +0300
Hi,

We are implementing DPA at the moment and I really have noticed
difference between IBM and EMC documentation. I thought that EMC
provides documents which are even close to those I have seen about
TSM... I was so wrong.

Our main difficultie is that you can't use collector in clustered
environment but you can use this "proxy" to collect some things from
TSM. But when you are using this proxy you don't get all that
information which you can have with collector. Like networker, you
just can't configure it like you can configure TSM and TSM-OR.

Reg,

Sami

--
When command line fails, try Google.