ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: ? linux TSM 6.2 using 10GE iSCSI ... to backup HPC ?

2010-05-05 12:30:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: ? linux TSM 6.2 using 10GE iSCSI ... to backup HPC ?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 18:29:04 +0200
Hi Jim,
I have some experiments of generic iSCSI testing and TSM 5.5/6.1. We are at the
moment looking at to upgrade from 6.1 to 6.2 but that's a different story.

The knowledge I have of iSCSI is really good, but I haven't push the bandwidth
to the max if I tell you the truth.
The only part I have so far removed always from the iSCSI part is the
Database/Active Log and Archive Log. If something happened with the Ethernet
cable or the network people is playing to much with the network rolls, then can
you end up with a bad database and you need to do a database recovery.

End of the line. So far do I have good feeling of iSCSI as long I have multiple
Ethernet cables and switches to go though.

Also, one thing you need to remember, that most Ethernet people forgot when
they try to configure the server is the PCI BUS speed vs Network data that you
try to transfer.
(The same rolls that you have for FC today)

I hope the small information I have could help.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms