ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TDP for Exch Mailbox Restore

2010-05-05 08:09:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TDP for Exch Mailbox Restore
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:08:06 -0400
Hi Christian,

You are correct. DP/Exchange restores the database and
extracts the data. Microsoft does not support pulling a
single mailbox or single mail-item from a full backup
and so DP/Exchange uses supported methods in order to
restore individual mailbox data from full legacy and VSS backups.
The point I was trying to make was that it is all handled
under the covers for you automatically.
With DP/Exchange, you enter a command like:
    TDPEXCC RESTOREMAILBOX svensson
and DP/Exchange figures out which backup, which storage group,
which database, etc., creates the recovery storage group/database,
restores the mailbox database into the recovery storage group/database,
extracts the specified data, sends it to the desired location,
and then cleans up after itself. Some customers are happy with the
tools built into Exchange for mailbox/mailitem recovery,
but other like what DP/Exchange offers.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 05/05/2010
01:35:35 AM: