ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler problem with Windows 2008

2010-05-03 14:28:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler problem with Windows 2008
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 14:26:33 -0400
A schedule that runs when the service is restarted but not otherwise sounds
like a classic firewall issue.  When the service is restarted on the client,
the client starts communication with the server and the schedule can run.  But
when then next cycle comes around TSM initiates the communication and can not
make it thru the firewall.  This results in a "cannot contact" message in the
TSM service actlog and no messages in the dsmwebcl/dsmsched logs.

David

>>> tjackson5512 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM> 5/3/2010 12:14 PM >>>
Good Afternoon,
I am having trouble configuring TSM Backup Client on Windows 2008 clients. The
version ont he server is TSM 5.4.5.1 and the Windows Client is 5.5.2.12. After
scheduling a test backup with the TSM server, the Client does not start at the
sscheduled time. When I refresh the TSM services on the client the backup
starts till completed. I have removed and re-installed the TSM Backup Client at
least 3-4 times. I am not sure if it is a McAfee Virus scanner problem or a
Windows 2008 firewall problem.

Has anyone seen this problem with Win 2008 before? [Shocked] I have submitted a
ticket to IBM software support and to date haven't gotten much help. Does TSM
6.1 have better luck with Windows 2008? [Question]

Any help would be much appreciated.