ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] synchronize a windows drive with a USB removable disk using TSM

2010-04-25 15:01:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] synchronize a windows drive with a USB removable disk using TSM
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:00:16 +0100
You probably can, but I'd be inclined to use something like robocopy
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocopy) to achieve what your after

Steven Langdale
Global Information Services
EAME SAN/Storage Planning and Implementation
( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175
( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782
ü Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code: 331817
+ Email: steven.langdale AT cat DOT com

Mehdi Salehi <ezzobad AT GOOGLEMAIL DOT COM>
25/04/2010 07:52
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] synchronize a windows drive with a USB removable disk using TSM

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 25/05/2010

Hi,
Before making a full backup of drive D:\ in a Windows XP client, I have
copied all D:\* to a removable USB disk (300GB). Drive D:\ is changing
everyday and sends the incremental backup to TSM. Can I sync D:\ with
above
USB disk using TSM restore? Initially, d:\ and USB disk have identical
contents, I need to sync them occasionally.

Thanks.