ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Domino TDP restore questions.

2010-04-24 13:24:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Domino TDP restore questions.
From: Chris Massey <Chris.Massey AT PORTALPARTNERSHIP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 18:23:41 +0100
Hi,

No the original mailfile will keep its DBIID. In fact you could restore over
the original if you really wanted to, however, that's not a good thing to do as
the domino server will require the users and database cache to be flushed
before replacing.
I would restore the mailfile outside of the domino area and activate it. Then
when time permits replace the original with the restored version or if the mail
is required from the original - a copy and paste from the orig to the restore
is a better option for getting the mail back in.
Replicating the mailfile is not the best option either as it will remove the
old mail also.

Hope that helps?
Mass