ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Restore of Files on W2K3 x32 Server

2010-04-15 15:55:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Restore of Files on W2K3 x32 Server
From: "Storer, Raymond" <storerr AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:29:36 -0400
I perform weekly Image backups and nightly incrementals of a file server.
During a recent restore test, the Image backup was said to be corrupt, and I
had to perform a file restore of the system instead. (It wasn't really corrupt,
we just wanted to test the scenario.) It seemed the file level restore assumed
the Image restore had occurred and only restored the changes since the Image
backup.

I used the TSM 5.5.0.6 client on Windows Server 2003, 32bit, with Service Pack
2.

Command line:
dsmc.exe rest w:\*.* -subdir=yes -tapeprompt=no

Should I have added a -latest command line option?

Ray

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.