ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Need to verify what I need to set up file level backups on mmscs cluster

2010-04-15 08:56:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Need to verify what I need to set up file level backups on mmscs cluster
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:25:47 -0400
Gary,
 Two things I will add, which you may already know but I did not see it
mentioned.

The "cluster1" option file should live on a shared resource so it is
accessible regardless of which physical machine has ownership of the
cluster1 instance. This also enables you to only maintain one copy of
it. The use of the "/optfile" parameter when installing the services
will assure that they are using the correct option file.

The cluster service dependencies will be the resources needed to
complete the backups (cluster IP address, shared drives, and/or SQL
server, Exchange server, etc.) If you are backing up the shared
resources at a file level then the drives will need to be available, if
backing up Exchange or SQL those applications will be dependencies
(since you cannot backup these apps without them).

Hope that helps....

Thank you,
~Rick Adamson
Sr. Systems Engineer