ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Import/EXPORT Performance

2010-04-14 19:23:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Import/EXPORT Performance
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:22:38 -0700
Steve, would you be able to provide some TSM server instrumentation for me
to look at? 18 hours for an EXPORT in 18 hours works out to about 31MB/sec.
What we normally expect out of an LTO3 drive is perhaps 50MB/sec (so we can
use this as a guideline). Could you gather some server instr and send it to
me? My email address is below in my signature. To start the server instr,
issue the command "instr begin" after the export has started and has mounted
the tape to write to. I only need the instrumentation run for 10-15 max.
After that, issue the command "instr end file=server.trace.txt" The file
will be placed, by default in the server installation directory.

Dave Canan
TSM Advanced Technical Support
TSM Performance
ddcanan AT us.ibm.com