ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Need to verify what I need to set up file level backups on mmscs cluster

2010-04-14 15:01:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] Need to verify what I need to set up file level backups on mmscs cluster
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:59:06 -0400
Just making sure I understand this correctly.

I have a cluster with only one resource group consisting of two drives, f: and
q:.
There are two nodes in the cluster, node1 and node2.
The resource group name is cluster1.
I now need the following to back up correctly.

1. Node definitions node1, node2, and cluster1 on the tsm server.
2. client installation on node1 and node2 in same directories.
3. options files for node1 and node2 for backing up local resources.
4. options file for cluster1 on a shared drive with clusternode set to yes, not
sure about clusterdisksonly.
5. cads and scheduler services set up on node1 and node2 for local client use.
6. cads and scheduler services on each node set up for cluster1 (backup of
shared disks)

If all that is correct, my confusion is
1. What exactly depends on cluster services?
2. What is this generic service, and how does it relate to all of the above?
3. To make sure we always have everything available for recovery, all three
nodes, node1, node2, and cluster1 should have scheduled backups.

Is there anything I have missed?

Here is where I am so far.
Node1 and node2 are now backing up as individual machines. Cluster1 options
file has been created.  Working on scripts to create cluster cad and scheduler.

Thanks all for the help.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University