ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup issue...

2010-04-13 06:58:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup issue...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:56:28 -0400
On Apr 13, 2010, at 2:41 AM, M KIRAN KUMAR wrote:

> But when I try to perform incremental on the default management class,
> server is trying to mount from both the storage pools from default and
> non-default management class.

When posting a problem like this, include some information on what kind of
client and the type of data, and what you have examined in pursuing the problem.

If this is a Windows client, then you're dealing with the usual situation of
directories going into the mgmtclass having the longest Retonly value,
according to TSM rules as described in the doc, in the absence of a DIRMc
specification.  You can see innumerable postings on this in the ADSM-L
archives.  You can see what's going where by inspecting output volumes via the
Query CONtent command.

   Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs/